9/30/13

IRA ABBY SOFIA

My usual routine. I must be at my shop by 6:00am. Baking starts at 6:05 til 8:00am. While waiting for the oven to heat up, I was putting the chairs and tables down. Turned on the coffee machine and bossa nova music. My sanity. Abby just came on time as usual with my two other staff. There goes Kelvin and Arian.

I was surprised to see Ira inside. She was wearing a light blue scrub suit.
"Hoy Berts! I want this Oatmeal Cookie and Dark Mocha Frappe. To go, unfortunately, I just dropped to get my breakfast and say hello."
"Nice uniform, Nurse Ira."
"Thanks Berting! Ikaw rin. Fugeh. What's for dinner mamaya?"
"Uhm, I'll be out later, I have a date, why don't you cook for your baby bear muna" I was a little shy to tell her that I will take Sofia for dinner at my condo.
"I don't cook. Wow date. Sino????"
"Let Nards cook! with Sofia."
"Sige, text ko si bear.." She started looking for her phone at her messy bag.
"Kayo na ba? Ayiii, Nards is a great person"
"We'll talk about it some other time. But I like her... Tseh! Here's my bayad, gotta go na Berts" She gave me the payment and made beso-beso. I felt a little awkward.

She's such a lady. She's just too loud. She's a bit stubborn, I see. I wonder how she treats her patients,

"Parang baliw din yung nurse na yun noh, Boss?"
"Is she pretty Abby?"
"Boss, mas maganda ka pa dun"
"Aba thank you, Ms Abigail"
"May raise na ako?"
"Raise ko kilay ko for you."

Abby Martinez, HRM graduate, she's very slim. Chinky eyed, we have the same height, funny, reliable, efficient and effective. Smart ass. Two ex boyfriends, 3 ex girl friends. Taken for granted by her gf.

As time flies I keep on looking at the clock, I can't wait till 6:00PM.

She went inside. Abby noticed my glow when Sofia came in. She was wearing corporate clothes, black pinstripe slacks with coat, light blue blouse and 2 inches heels. That made me look like a hobbit when I am near her. I was wearing my chef attire with apron and I was wearing my favorite crocs. I gave a gesture at her to wait for me in 5 minutes. I rushed inside the locker room. I told Abby she's in charge. When I was about to go out, Abby was talking to Sofia.

"Abby, if you need anything give me a call, Ok, see you tomorrow"
"OK. Bye boss."

We were inside my car. I asked her how did she come to my shop and how was her day.
"I asked the company driver to drop me to your shop" She looks very calm and still pretty.
"Wow that's great, you were talking to Abby a while ago, did you want something?"
"She was asking if I need anything, it's Ok Berts"

Then I found myself laughing with her cause she still memorize our school hymn. I could even remember that school hymn. She showed the pink bandana I gave her. I wanted to grab her and kiss her, but that's too fast. I was holding the hand brake cause it was a little traffic. I thought felt her skin on my hand. I feel a little flirting session.

When I parked my car, she couldn't go down. I intentionally set the front seat in child lock. I opened the door. Just made a little alibi that my nephew was with me the other day so I had to put it in child lock.

We landed at 1401 safely. I told her to sit on the lazy boy couch. I gave her slippers. I told her to feel free to watch any dvds on the shelf. I was preparing tuna pasta and greek salad with fresh orange juice.

She helped me on setting the table. She removed her coat. I stop and stared, I didn't know what to feel when she removed her coat. I tried not to be obvious. "Are you ok Berts?" I replied with a smirk.

I sat next to her. When I was about to indulge the food, she said stop and let's pray first. Nothing beats a girls who can control you a bit. I don't know, but I was officially turned on. She was telling me that the food was great. I thanked her. I fixed the plates and I felt her hand under the plate. She was insisting to wash the dishes, but then my fork dropped on the floor. We started to laugh, we both made an effort to reach the fork, then our heads bumped, we were looking at each other blankly. I felt a sudden urge to kiss her again. Three seconds, of deciding whether to kiss her or not. I didn't kiss her. Cause I want to doubt a little longer. I picked up the fork.

"No, don't wash the dishes, there's this saying na pag nag hugas ung bisita mo ng plato, dadagain ung bahay ko. It's ok. Leave it here, I am sorry did you hurt your head?

"OK lang ako." She chuckled softly.

The door opened the Bears came.

"Oi! akala ko ba hindi ka uuwe!?" Ira said in a loud bark. I didn't expect Nards would be home early.
"Guys I'd like you to meet Sofia" I saw Sofia. Her face turned a little dark as if she wanted to kill.
"Parehas kayong naka light blue, haha, cute niyo, anu yan Berts? Pakain." Nards waved at Sofia.
"Go ahead, meron pa sa fridge, microwave niyo na lang". Ira was into a full silent mode. I don't know why I was feeling little fear and tension.

"Sofia? are you OK?" I asked her in a calm voice.
"Yeah, can we go inside your room for a minute" She whispered. I thought I felt her tongue on my ears. It was just my imagination.

"Ok, bro hugas kayo plates. haha" I took Sofia's hand and led her to my room. My ever tidy room.

When we were inside my room, she cried. It breaks me seeing someone I care cry. She hugged me. I have a strange feeling that Ira was the kid who bullied her that made her transfer into another school.

"Si Ira ba nang bully sayo?" She didn't reply.

"Yes, I thought I was over it, I just have difficulties of letting go" "You know what? Me too. But I thought I have life to do and I need to live and love myself. Happiness is a choice."

My phone ringed. It was Abby. I told Sofia to hold on.

"Ms. Abigail, tell me?" "Boss, I just called to tell you I am already closing the shop and we had 10k for the day. I'll discuss everything to you tomorrow by 8:00AM."

"Good job Abby, see you tomorrow." I felt different with that call. Abby doesn't call for positive reports. She usually calls if she can't report to work.

"It's getting late Sofia, I'll send you home"

I asked Nards to drive us to Sofia's house. I was really tired and I am really a lazy lousy driver. I was informed that Ira went back to her flat after eating. I was sitting beside Sofia at the back seat. Our hands suddenly entwined. My right hand to her left hand. Locked. I felt butterflies. I am falling so easily. We reached her house in 30 minutes. I kissed her on the cheeks and I told her that I will see her soon. She said "Text me when you guys get home". Went into the front seat. Nards was feeling sleepy.

"Kayo ba?"
"Kayo ba ni Ira?
"I think we're dating"
"Kami rin"

I fell asleep while Nards was driving. When I reached my room, I had 3 text messages. I feel really sleepy.

Ira 
Abby
Sofia 

Sofia: Thanks Berts for dinner. I am sorry for the dramas. I'll see you soon OK? 

Definitely. Don't think too much. Good night. :)  - SEND

IRA: Berts, I don't like Sofia for you. She's still not pretty. She's a loser kid way back. We should talk about this soon. Thanks for letting me know Nards as well. I like her so much. 

Couldn't think of any reply. I got a little pissed at her presence when she came into my flat. I'll just reply tomorrow.

Abby : Boss, I really need to talk to you. 

What is this about. I'll just talk to her tomorrow. Today was tiring. But I am happy. Really happy and contented. I rarely think about having a girl friend. Minsan lang. Ewan.



No comments:

Post a Comment