9/25/13

KILIG



"Bro, kamusta kayo ni Ira? hoho!" I threw a carrot at Nards. I was cooking afritada.
"Ok siya, bet na bet, wag ka magselos ah" She was watching Yes or No 2 while holding a guitar.
"Why would I be jealous, tandaan mo pag single ka pa rin ng 40s at ako rin tayo na talaga ah, pero lam mo yun, wag ka, wala nang ano, sira, haha, gagu ka.." 
"Oo, companion poreber, hoho, gondo ni MEAN, ay gondo ni AOM, nalilito ako. YESSS! NOO!"

Nards Magtanggol, 31, Graphic Designer, Events Manager, Guitarist, Schoolmate way back in college. She was my classmate in one general subject. The funny part here is that I met her at a friends wake. My thesis mate who passed away.

Flashback 9 years ago at a restaurant. She was in front of me, we were in the same table. She looked really shy. She was out of place with some of my business administration class mates, I knew she wasn't from BA. So I started a small talk.

"Ikaw ba yung nag guguitara?"
"Basketball team ka noh?"
"Ako si Berts"
"Nards"
We exchanged nods.
"Turuan mo naman ako mag guitar, mang kano?"
"Cge lang meet na lang tayo somewhere sa katip! turuan kita FREE"
"Ayos! Anu number mo? Miscall ko"

I am glad I made the first move. Who would imagine we would be close. Nards, is a jolly person everybody loves her. She listens to every rant I say, she saw me at my worst and best. She's like a sister to me. I treat her like a family. Friends are family to me.

"Bro, naghalikan ba kayo nung dinala ko si Ira dito?"
"hehe"
"Don't laugh, seriously. Kung OO, hamso proud of you handsome boy"
"Pops! yeahhh.. we kissed."
"Updates? Please? wag mo sabihing hindi mo na dinamubs? doorbell ka sa manila now, ask her to go here and eat dinner."
"Ok lang? really?"
"Go for gold."

Nards went out, went to flat 1402. DING DONG.

"Hi Ira? dinner tayo?"
"Sino ka?"
"Aray, aray, ARAY! hindi mo na ako kilala? Baby Bear?"
"JOKE LANG! anu ulam?"
"Berts cooked afro tado with pinya, lika?"
"Sige, piggy back ride mo ko?"
"Sigi"

When I was about to eat my meal, Nards immediately said "Bro let's pray muna". I told myself, anak ng tokwa we don't pray naman ah, anu to pasikat kay Ira. Ira smiled, Nards didn't see Ira's face cause her eyes were closed when she was praying. Ira's pretty din pala. She was wearing a power blue duster. Her hair was a little wavy. Her lips looks kissable. I fantasized her for a minute. "AMEN". Signs of the cross. Oh lord.

She said "How was your day Berts?"
"Betty's cakes sales is doing ok, business is doing fine, I love it, if this continues, I might have another branch anytime soon"
"That's great Berts! and How bout you Baby Bear?"
"BABY BEAR! It was ok, so-so, I am going to Cagayan this week wanna come pops? baby bear?" Nards said in a defensive-funny motive.
"Can't bro I am busy, and I want to know someone, she's really pretty"
"Di ako pwede Nards, pasalubong na lang."
"Sino naman yan bagong babae mo! selos ako" Nards asked me.
"Some schoolmate when I was in Highschool. Its so weird, but I am happy to meet her"
"Schoolmate? what batch Berts?" Ira asked me.
"She's 4 years younger to me, umm, are you familiar with Sofia Dominique Santos?"
"Parang familiar siya"
"She's really pretty." I said. I must admit. I fall in love so easily.

Ira Samaniego, when I was 2nd year, she was first year. She graduated Valedictorian when she was in grade school and high school. She's a nurse now. She didn't had any honors or even an award when she was in college. I guess she messed up a little, but she's a registered nurse. She looks very passive aggressive. I knew her because she was my partner at a science fair debate way back in high school.

"Talaga, maganda na siya, maganda siya?" Ira said in a serious mode. I was reading her face, I think she knew Sofia.
"Yes" I said while I was drinking water.
"Bro, superb meal, thanks, labyu" Nards said while she was rubbing her tummy.
"Berts, masarap luto mo promise"

"Thank you" I don't know, but when Ira stares at me, I think she likes me. I can't like her back. She's not really my type. I think too much. No. But really. I can't and I won't interfere my friends love life.

Nards and Ira washed the dishes, they look fine together. Ira was doing the soap part on plates. Nards on the other side of the sink does the washing. I was busy composing a text message.

Nards send Ira back to her her bunk. She stayed there the whole night. While I was sitting in my thinking chair, delete, compose, delete.

Hi Sofia, would you like to have dinner tomorrow? sa condo ko. I'll pick you up na lang. Kung pwede ka and ok lang sayo? - I was thinking if I should send the text message. Is it to soon? If I don't try it I don't hope. Things like YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE was running in my head. I suddenly saw my tshirt.

Life is too short. PROFESS!

SEND

I am not used to doing the first move. I don't know. I covered my head with a pillow. Waited for 5 minutes, until 30 minutes.

I'd love to. See you at 6 sa shop mo. :) :D 

There I was. KILIG.









No comments:

Post a Comment