9/24/13

Better Late Than Never



I was thinking about her legs, her smile her pigtails. She's so pretty. I don't want to flatter myself too much. I touched my head as if there was some heavy objects on it. I woke up in full panic, 8:45AM.

I saw Nards and Ira cuddling and they both looked very wasted.

"Oh lord." I hoped that there was no traffic. I hate being late. I hate late. I hate people waiting for me. I hate waiting too. How can I forget miss full of surprises. I immediately called Abby my Assistant Branch Manager, I told her if she sees a pretty girl, great teeth, smells great, her name is Sofia to give her a cappuccino and 3 red velvet cupcakes and tell the girl to wait for me.

I couldn't think of a great excuse. I just can't afford to lose this attention. Her attention. I arrived 20 minutes late. She was waiting for me and she smiled when I entered the shop.

"I am terribly sorry for being late. I over slept."
"It's ok, Abby gave me my order, you called her nohh?" She started to look like teasing me.
"Yes, I don't want you to be very upset, are you?" I look apologetic I should.
"No, I am glad you came"

She smiled. I smiled. We talked about anything, I can feel connection. We have the same wavelengths. She understands my puns, my sarcasm, my point of views. She listens. I listen. She's really mannered. She dressed well, Skinny jeans, white shirt, pearl earrings, pony tails. She looks really simple.


Sofia Dominique Manzano Santos, 26 years old, Atenean, Cum Laude, Management Engineering. Lives in Marikina. Unica Ija. Works at San Miguel Corporation as an Assistant Brand Manager. Never had a boyfriend and a girlfriend. Drives a Toyota Yaris.


"I wanna tell you something, Berts." I felt really scared. I felt she's going to say something that will break my heart. "You were my first love." I couldn't say anything. All I can think of is that, how on earth did we met? where? when?

"Well Thank you Sofia, But I can't really remember you, I guess I am too old now, please tell me, I wanna know you more?"

She was teary eyed. She couldn't look at me. "You're not that old. You don't look old. You were a 2nd year High School, I was grade 4, you were very popular, you played basketball, you perform well at school, you were really humble and I was bullied. I look hideous back then, they called me names. One time we were both at the guard house, I was crying, you approached me and asked what's wrong, you said "It's gonna be ok, don't mind them, prove them wrong" then you gave me your pink bandana for me to wipe my tears."

I suddenly remembered that day. She was the girl whom I always see crying at the side of the guard house.

"You made me a better person, you don't know how much those words mean to me, you are such a kind hearted person, I looked all over for you and it is better late than never. Thank you."

I was overwhelmed. "Sofia, I am really lost for words." I tried not to cry. I can't show weakness.

"I feel great seeing you again, I could use a hug Berts, I do, I hope it is not too much to ask"

I hugged her. I felt pain in her heart. I wanted to know her more.





1 comment: