9/10/13

youroldfriend.com



I was 17 when I first saw her. She looks pretty and witty. She was taller than me, but I knew she did liked me from her text messages.

I was running 40 on thread mill, team mate buddy was weight lifting. She walk towards us, mad, as if her husband was cheating on her, but they weren't in a relationship back then.

"Sino yung nagbabantay sayo?!" She was furious at my team mate. 

I was surprised. Small talk arrived. Team mate introduced me to her. I was too quiet back then. She was trying to be close with me and she did caught my attention. I like her back and nobody knows it but me.
I remember she was one strong smoker. Buddy and I were trying to make her quit. Unfortunately, she couldn't quit smoking.

A few months after, she started to be a little out of our reach. She pretended that her father was stalking her daily cause he found out the she and my team mate were in a relationship. Which was their "reason" for breaking up.

Lo and behold, she started seeing another team mate which made my buddy upset. Which was really rude. I had no right to ridicule. They didn't last long, I didn't interfere. I had no right to. I don't want to.

Then she started playing futsal for our school. Which was cool because she carried herself well. We never had a clear conversation since she started dating the other team mate, a smaller team mate. 

But before we stopped talking. I suddenly remembered why I turned turtle about her. She was trying to sell a 1000 peso fake dvd to me. The dvd only costs 90 pesos. I couldn't believe myself for that kind of betrayal. Its a good thing I didn't buy it, but after that. I found her really cheap. I stopped replying to her texts.

She was like my attorney, she tried to fix me and the first girl I really liked when we were first year. She calls and texts me when she needs a drinking buddy.  She was considered one of my good friends. But she threw me away, I guess "wala siyang mahinita saakin". Maybe, but really there are just some people who are not meant for you to stay. 

After first year, she transferred to DLSU-CSB. I have heard she was much more popular than ever. She has her own website/blog and been traveling too much.Then I saw her one time at Petron Katipunan, I was getting gas. I was in 3rd year. She went down in a tricycle. We exchanged awkward hellos. 

That was the last encounter I had with her since the dvd thing. And now I am writing about her. This sounds irrational, I don't know maybe I wasn't rich enough to suffice our friendship. There's no use thinking about it anymore, but clearly I did miss her and she left me hanging. 

So yeah sabi sa kanta ni Aiza Seguerra "Anung nangyari sa ating dalawa.." :)) 

Maybe in a another life we'd be bffs. lol. 

youroldfriend.com 

babes





No comments:

Post a Comment