6/30/14

Side Dish

No. This is not happening. It may seem unstoppable, but there's a weird rush going on. I must not get any closer. Don't flatter yourself too much. A friend, nothing but a friend, she is just my comfort zone. Everybody knows that. What a rush I am feeling right now. Lord, is this your answer to my plea. But why her. Is it really her?

She uttered, "I am starting to fall for you" our friendship was suddenly ripped.

I was with her when she was weak. She was with me when I was down. She sounded really hurt and longing to divulge her unspoken feelings. Confusion buried in a snap. I see sheets and pillows all over us. She's not drunk, she's very sober this time. What can I do to undo your feelings? What should I do? runaway?

I am surprised and shocked. I think I am steady and quite ready. I want more, should I even beg? Smile for me cause we are in a troubled paradise. We should know it wont hurt that much. We can try to fool ourselves. But still you can claim it - I am yours. But what about her?

Our souls suddenly fall, I surrender silently. Breaking reality slowly. I am hiding. We are holding back. I can't be a side dish anymore. But I know I am gonna love you more.

No comments:

Post a Comment