6/19/14

My Mother is a Unicorn

My mother is the main reason why I love deeply. When I came back in Dubai my mother asked a weird question. It took me sometime to brush up my thoughts about it and its really nice to be open about her in anything. Except for one thing, Ha, ya know. :)) So she said.


Mom: Kamusta bakasyon? Ok ka naman sa magulang niya? (All smiles)


There was a time we watched - Yes or No (Thai lesbian film). My mother cried when Kim was being reprimanded by Pie's mother. I admit I wasn't sure if she was crying because I am gay or maybe she felt alarmed like "I don't wan't my daughter get the same treatment as hers(Kim)".  I wasn't able to fire back an answer to her question, Instead of lying. I told her the truth. My mother deserves honesty.


My ever protective mother. I am so lucky to have her. She's been very protective ever since I came here in Dubai. She saw my worst when I was in the moving on stage with my ex. She gave me infinite love and hope when I needed it the most. She never made me feel like I am a burden. She's always proud at me. She loves me when I don't love myself. She raised me up when I feel like dying. That's my mom. Strong, determined and an unconditional lover.


Jul: hindi pa kami pwede mag out sa family niya eh. But kilala naman nila ako as a friend. (All smiles)


She immediately responded with another question.

Mom: Owww.. Asan na pasalubong ko?

My mom has this habit of diverting a negative vibe to a funny pun. It's like refusing to hear and feel a wrong vibe and changing the topic into another one without making you feel any awkwardness. Then after giving her all her pasalubongs. I shared a lot of things about my vacation. She eventually went out of my room to cook and I don't get it why I followed her too. She has this powerful charm that I don't understand. She makes me want her presence more whenever she moves away from me. I love her. I am what I am because of her. I thank god she's my mother. The mother of pearls. A happy mommy unicorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment