6/10/14

Opening Prayers.


This a a very delayed reaction. I saw my friend's post on facebook and it said there that she will lead the opening prayer for their event. Of course I am proud of her, she's my buddy. But then I realized that I am bad in opening prayers. I am good at public speaking. But I never volunteered to pray on the spot, and usually I reply with a shrug when I am being asked to pray. I can't seem to express what I want and talk clearly. 

I love god, I love jesus. But I feel bad of about not being able to make a prayer publicly. Maybe I think of what others may think, that I am corny or my prayer might be way out of the box. Maybe the reason would be on how I became distant to him. I consider myself distant to him since I don't go to church weekly anymore. We (mom and sis) used to go every week. Why do we need religion?

Think think think again. Religion gives us moral values and answers the questions that cannot be answered by science. Religion is mysterious, sometimes I feel like religion really is a business (words of wisdom from my dad). Religion, it gives purpose to human life. But when philosophy strikes me, maybe my dad could be right.

I pray. When I get nervous I pray. I am more spiritual. I just don't want to be the traditional fanatic and act sanctified after Sunday mass and come Monday ready to commit sins again. I am just saying, I came into a point where I know that in my heart, I won't kill and I will always practice kindness. I am not perfect. Ok I am getting nowhere now. Sometimes I even refuse to go to church because of the priests sermon. Otherwise don't go to church if you can't open your senses.


I am bad at opening prayers. But I love and trust him. I pray. I run to him. I have a tattoo. I don't go to church weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment