7/6/14

Galing sa PUSO hindi sa NGUSO

Working overseas for a Filipino is a stepping stone to fulfill the dreams of being able to help their families have a better future. Majority of our kababayans dream is to be able to help their families but for some it turned into a real nightmare. Not all heroes don't always succeed.

My father spent most of his life as an overseas Filipino worker. During his time, well I think until now, the effective living option of survival from the wrath of the Philippines is to work overseas. And I thank GOD that my dad wasn't a victim of illegal procedures of POEA.

Anyway, think of this? What if our country never experienced corruption? Maybe there's no ecomonic deflation? Maybe there's enough jobs for every Filipinos. Maybe there will be no kids who grows up daddy less or mommy less or worst no parents at all. Our political stability is such a failure that some of the Filipinos doesn't feel proud to be a Filipino. Well, at least we can see a few changes from the current administration.

So yesterday, Mommy and I decided to participate into a charity dinner for the stranded Filipinos at POLO-OWWA(Philippine Overseas Labor Office-Overseas Workers Welfare Administration. It was a life changing experience, because it was very interactive and the event focused on the spiritual side. We should all face challenges thru the help of Christ. All of my fears and insecurities, suddenly, gone. My heart wasn't frowning anymore to the thought of with God nothing is impossible (Matthew 19:26).

We brought a cake(Cheesecake) for the homeless and hungry Filipinos. I was teary eyed when I sat listening to Sister Ann a volunteer who was preaching about the teachings of God. How much God loves us. There was this awful pricky feeling inside my stomach. My knees were numb. Seeing the victims gave me so much things to be grateful of. Despite of my own failures, I know I am still blessed and God loves me.

Honestly we(Mom) are not really showy religious but we are afraid and we love god. When I was there I feel loved. I feel happy being able to give happiness. I want to do this more often. We also met Pastor Ray who prayed for the ending program, he was very nice. His prayer was long and very spontaneous. I wonder if I could actually pray like him, publicly. On the other hand Mommy was invited about the event thru Ms. Fleur De Lis Maravilla. Such beautiful soul and heart madam. God bless her family and his super active and talented son.

When you volunteer, you usually get back more than you give. You make new friends, you see someone blossom, you teach and rebuild peoples lives, there's a million ways to help.

By volunteering. I realized we could develop new skills. Giving time to others and sharing our talent in baking is an opportunity in exposure. Not that were focusing on the business side but it will give us a mark up that Betty's cakes gives back by doing something to the Filipino community as well. I am thinking of cutting a certain percentage to our cakes and give back to the community? Sounds great? AMEN!

Life is really hard when you are feeling down. Problems can seem to be never ending but by volunteering you feel a new perspective - seeing people who are worse off than you are. You wouldn't believe the feeling of being able to give happiness. Yet you're still hanging. Standing.

So be a volunteer! but before you volunteer, think of this muna. Ang pag tulong galing sa puso. Hindi sa NGUSO.

God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment