4/30/14

Aisle 5

Retrouvailles (French)
The Happiness of meeting again after a long time.

-----

She smiled from a far, I faltered, then she faded. I try to recall what I saw, my confusion dissipates. I was half relieved and a little hysterical. I tried to shrug off what I was feeling, I looked at the shelves at aisle 5. I took a lot of bread, I do not need bread. I accidentally dropped a pack of sliced bread. She  catched the bread in perfect timing.

"Kamusta?"

I couldn't say anything, she changed a lot.  A few seconds later a little girl approached. She raised her arm to hold her hands. "I want ice cream po!".

"She looks just like you, I gotta go, it was nice seeing you, have a great day you two"

I went out of the store getting a pack of sliced bread. I felt a little shaky. Its been so long. My head slammed my steering wheel, was thinking of buying another pack of bread. I thought I only need one pack. Then again, I feel happy, I feel happy cause were both happy now.  I called my wife, I usually call her when I can't focus, she's my walking diary, my best friend. She answered.

"Heyyy where are you now? I miss you"
"On my way home, I love you"
"Hurry up, I love you too"
"I bought bread. I'll make toast."
"Yay! Hurry please"

-----

"Tita she's pretty, who is she?" she was eating vanilla ice cream.
"She was my best friend"
"Ohhh I have a best friend too!"
Tears started rolling from her cheeks. She hurried to wipe her tears before her nephew sees it.
 I feel happy, I feel happy cause were both happy now.


No comments:

Post a Comment