11/26/16

That roundabout.

I went to the same roundabout this afternoon with my best buddy. I suddenly remembered how miserable I was. That was December, 2012. I found myself crying and listening to My Immortal(Evanescence) inside the number 61 bus. 

I remembered that I was very upset with the result of my interview. It was the worst job offer I ever had in UAE. It broke my heart so bad, I end up buying a half gallon of Igloo ice cream for myself. 

My mother was very supportive, she came inside my room, asking how my interview went. I tried to hide. But when I was swallowing a spoon full of ice cream I started to break down. I have lost my focus. I have lost my confidence. I smirked while driving as I recall what happened. 

That roundabout reminded me of my 4th year in UAE. It reminded me that this was the country that accepted me at my worst. This country helped me find my strengths and potential to build my confidence back. I have changed. 

That roundabout no longer scares me, it doesn't haunt me anymore. In fact, it was just a sudden reminder that I can no longer hit the same state. I just wanna remember the good things that happened in my life. For I no longer want to keep any bitter memory of the past. I no longer linger what went wrong. I want to go on with my life. but the roundabout triggered my past. 


No comments:

Post a Comment