7/3/12

Packing Heat: A Drag King Workshop

Last Saturday! LeAP, Inc. in partnership with Dickie Jaxx held "Packing Heat: Drag King Workshop," the first ever Drag King Workshop in the country! It was held at FBR Building, Studio Z, Katipunan.

                             The handsome guy on the left. DICKIE JAXX. He's a Fil-Am BTW. :)

About Dickie Jaxx:
Dickie Jaxx has over 11 years of professional drag king experience, strutting his stuff on stages across the US, Canada, Europe, and Manila. He is the co-founder of the Cuntry Kings in Durham NC, the Citizen Kings in San Francisco CA, and the Daddy Kings in Asheville NC. Dickie is excited to share the transformative power of gender-dynamicperformance in order to envision and create a more just world on and off the stage.


Dickie's Interview - LINK

                         Now that I just came out, decided to participate more in LGBT Activities.

                                
                                      We were taught how to strap - do's and dont's as well

                                                                
                                                                       Packing. :)

I had so much fun and I got to embrace and acknowledge again my inner talent. And that was to act. I asked my self why did I shrugged my self from acting? Oh yes, I know now. Because I was afraid to come out.

And I wish to continue being a Drag King - I already have my alyas - AKA - so my drag name would still be BERTS URDANETA.




                                          Friends I met. Being crazy and fun at the same time.


                                             
                                               Congressman, Mayor and Don Berting 


                        
                             Thanks Ms. Ira Briones - If it wasn't for you I wouldn't know this event.



Please support LEAP!
http://www.facebook.com/LeAPPhilippines



No comments:

Post a Comment