12/29/11

Hockey to Basketball



It was always been my dream to play hockey. A real hockey game. I remember when I was a kid, I collected every Mighty Ducks - Movie in VHS. I fancied Gordon Bombay, Charlie Conway and especially Adam Banks. :)) errrrrrr! Hit me if you know them! :) I loved the first movie though.

Unfortunately, here in the Philippines Basketball is the most popular game, every villages, baranggays, municipality - ALWAYS Basketball!

Hockey rinks were only available within my reach at SM Mega Mall and in Sta. Lucia(along Marcos Highway). Now, both of the said locations already closed their skating rinks. I haven't tried skating in ages, but I am sure I still can skate.

I learned how to skate in Sta.Lucia but I didn't have the opportunity to play hockey because the gears, skates, and sticks were too pricey.

And so, I shifted to Basketball. I started playing B'Ball when I was in Grade 5. I wasn't good back then. But I remember having my first score, the adrenaline rush while I dribble a ball - intense, my heart wants to explode every time I release a shot. From that day on I started watching NBA, I started liking Tony Parker, I wanted to be like him. :) I started taking B'ball seriously

High School was my temple. I was really good in B'ball.
First year - I was rookie of the year
Second year - Best Guard
Third year - Best Guard
Fourth year - MVP

College hoops wasn't really for me. Unfortunately, people around me back then had too much drama, showbizzzzz, "inggitan", "palakasan" and "seniority".



Not that I stopped because of them, its just that I was unexpectedly injured. I stopped playing ball when I was in 3rd year College. It was a tough and crucial decision.


awwtss!

I am not closing my doors on both sports. I will play those games before I die.

yeah!

Who's on my team?

Thanks for reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment