4/22/15

Chicken Ala Shawarma - Not so SPICY


One thursday night, my best buddy and I went out for food tripping along Al Nadah. I actually left my phone and I only had 20Aed in my pocket. We ate shawarma for dinner.

We were having a great time, talking about love, work, plans. All these Mid 20s - early life - crisis issues we have. What I like about my best buddy is that we can talk about anything under the sun whether it is politics, money, people, sex, name it. But my agenda really was to tell something I had in mind before she left manila.

Welcome to Dubai / Sharjah Brotha!

Okay so, my girl friend told me one day that my best buddy cancelled their date to date the girl I hated. That girl who belittled my existence since college. Anyway, I end up telling her what was on my mind.

Because father knows best. LOL. I can't believe my selfish fears ate me, so I had to tell her. Oh she calls me pops and I call her Junyor.

"If you go home in the Philippines, for vacation, and you went out with her(referring to the girl she wants - that I hate), please don't post it on facebook/instagram/twitter. I will be pissed. I could hate you. Your loyalty to me will be null and void.".

In the most, silent, but deadly manner I let those words to be marked on her checklist. Italized. CAPSLOCK. BOLD.

She mimicked some words of loyalty but I decided not to remember and listen to any word she said. I was chewing and not looking at her. The shawarma was not so spicy. I wanted it spicy.

Maybe I am afraid to lose a friend. Another friend. Another betrayal approaching. I had to not listen and take her words by heart cause I don't want to lose her. I know I was being selfish. If I wasn't me, maybe I should tell you to be good in lying. Don't break my heart my dear buddy. May you fall in love with the right person, if you think she's the right person for you. THEN I just can't be your friend anymore. Ito lang yon.

Pili ka? AKO or AKO? haha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment