8/10/13

Short Film - Part Of Growing Up

Title: THAT'S PART OF GROWING UP
Estimated Time: 10 minutes
Background Song: Pangarap Ko - Kitchie Nadal


Cast
Berts as myself
Girl
Dad (Girl)
Mom (Girl)
Professor
Classmates
Mother (Berts)

Scene 1 Mother in panic Hospital Scene

Scene 2 Berts and Girl
Playing PS
Eating together
Tickling
Taking photos
Sharing Secrets

Scene 2 Inside the car, Parents pointing and very mad(Flashback)
Girl: Nalaman na nila Daddy.
Berts: Shempre humindi ka diba?
Girl: I told them the truth. I love you but I have to set you free.
Berts: You told me you won't let go? Hindi ko maintindihan?

Girl: "Gusto ko magka family, Gusto ko magka anak.." she said.

Narration - Those words are haunting me every time. I couldn't understand. She was my lover, my best friend, I couldn't believe and manage myself to accept it. I just got used to her company. I begged her to stay, though I don't beg. But she didn't accept it.

Scene 3 Writing A Letter
My mind wandered too much, was he better? I could be better? Ill make my hair long. Ill wear girly clothes and I swear hindi ka mapapahiya. Ill send and fetch you from work? Ill get a sperm donor, Ill carry babies for us to have a family. I even thought of having a female to male transition.

Scene 4  Writing A Letter - Flashback Car Scene
Tears started rolling - we were inside my car. I cried like there's no future ahead for me. I wanted to disappear. I started hitting my self again. The feeling was devastating. I wish I was a man in a snap. I wanted to kill all men. I hate men. I hate boys.

Scene 5 Writing A Letter
Now I am asking myself lately, Who do you turn to when the only person in the world that can stop you from crying is, is exactly the one that made you cry?

Scene 6 Classroom
2006, Eco class, she was wearing Pink - she was listening to our professor. She was top of the class. She couldn't see me, she was holding a yellow colored pencil high lighting every word she hears on her hand outs.

"Muslim ka ba?" I said - what a loser. It wasn't a tag line, I just knew someone who has the same last name and a Muslim. From that day on, I wanted to be near her always. Everything is beautiful about her. It was obvious she was straight. I was just a stubborn baller. I didn't know I was that interesting to her.

There was this time I still had feelings from my abusive ex girl friend. I was actually adjusting that time, I had to balance my family problems, grades, quitting the basketball team issue and my knee injury.

Scene 7 Writing A Letter
Basically I got on the right track - she gave me hope in finding my self back. She is the only person in this world who I opened to without any hesitation. She is the only one who knows my flaws and my darkest secrets.

Scene 8 Flashback Scene 1
It was a roller coaster ride. She was with me thru ups and downs. There were a lot of memories learned. She was everything I could hope for. She was the best thing that ever happened to me and I lost her. I know I could've given more.

Scene 9 Crying, weeping, fetal position - mother knocking on door
I hate you for letting me go. I love you so much and it sucks to let you go. I want to push you around. I want to hug you. I want to shout at you. I want to love you forever, but my definition of forever is over.

Scene 10 Pill in take
I know life goes on. I've heard that too much from everyone. I am on my way to reach my dreams without her. I know I realized that things changed. She changed. Her feelings changed. I have to accept it. Like I always say - That's part of growing up.

Scene 11 Mother in panic - Hospital Scene


No comments:

Post a Comment